02 May 2012

Mental Maths

On Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday each week, we have to do a worksheet on General maths. There are only 20 questions on the sheet, and we are given about 5 minutes to complete them. Because we are learning about graphs, when we finish, we have to draw up a graph. But it’s not just for you; it’s for everyone on your table!

For example, the first week we did it, I had the scores of Charlotte, Serena, Emma and myself on my line graph. To tell the lines apart from each other, we were all different colours. But for some people there was a problem; what happens when people get the same score? Well, we couldn’t put the dot somewhere else, because it wouldn’t tell you the right score. So we had to do a dot with half one colour, half the other colour. On one of the days, three people on my table got the same score! That was probably my favourite dot.

The ‘Y’ axes was the scores (1-20), and the ‘X’ axes was the days. The aim was to improve or maintain your score each day. We are now doing our third week of mental maths, and are pretty good at the system now.

By Alice

1 comment:

Alice said...

I really love that picture of Jannice. I thought it was funny because its Jannice, thinking about maths, mentally.